|This part of the Kenny family is from Ireland, living in Salford, UK|
|great grandfather||Patrick Kenny|
|mother||Olive May McNally (1925-1983)|
|Patrick Kenny (1834-c1890) m Mary Keating (1853-) in Manchester|
|Michael John Kenny (1877-)|
|Patrick William Kenny (1879-)|
|Matthew Joseph Kenny (1886)|
|Mary Jane Kenny (1889-) m James McNally on 20 June 1914 at Mount Carmel RC Church, Oldfield Road, Salford|
|John James McNally (1917-)|
|Thomas James McNally (1922-1948)|
|Olive May McNally (1925-1983) m James Henry Hartigan (1923-2000)|
|David Hartigan m Hilary Belton|
Patrick Kenny was much older than Mary Keating so this could have been his second marriage. In 1881 the family lived at 7 Medlock Street (just off Liverpool Road, by the canal basin) and Patrick was a general porter, although he may have become a pig dealer later, from information on Mary’s marriage certificate.
By 1891 Patrick, presumably, had died as Mary describes herself as a widow, still living in Manchester but now at 19 Woollam Place, (also just off Liverpool Road, by the canal basin); she has her children with her together with her unmarried sister Bridget Keating and a lodger, James Roberts, both of whom appear to work at a shirt factory. The eldest son, Michael, is earning money as a pig drover. Both Woollam Place and Medlock Street are next to the abbattoirs.
Ten years later, in 1901, Mary still has her four children living with her and her sister, Bridget. She has taken the family to 11 Duncan Street, Ordsall, Salford and the two eldest children are employed as pork butchers whilst Matthew operates a woodworking machine. (Michael seems to be using his middle name, John). Her daughter, Mary, is 12 years old.
Their daughter, Mary Jane Kenny, now living at 4 David Street, Ordsall, married James McNally at Mount Carmel RC Church on Oldfield Road, Salford, on the 20th June 1914; they seemed to have set up home at 15 Edwin Street, Salford (just off Whit Lane) when they married or soon after.
Mary and James McNally had three children, John, Thomas and Olive. The family lived at 15 Edwin Street into the 1950’s.